Thursday, September 5, 2013

Gregor's Room

Personal Opinion to Kafka's Metamorphosis


I found this story strange at best. The concept of a man turning into a bug sounds like something that would come from a bazar dream. When I first started to read this story, I found myself very creeped out. If this had happened to me, I would undoubtedly freak out. However, as the story progressed and I followed Gregor through this transformation, I found myself feeling very sorry for him to have to go through this for some unknown reason. It was sad to read that he died. You could not feel sorry for this man because his life did not end very well. To turn into a bug and then have his family almost immediately turn their back on him, as if he only mattered when he was a human. Strange, bazar, sad, and just plain freaky is probably the best way to summarize Kafka's Metamorphosis.











No comments:

Post a Comment